Cedar Moon is a residential worker collective and intentional community committed to learning and growing the techniques of practical sustainability.
Located on seven acres of land in Portland, Oregon, surrounded by a 700-acre state Park, Cedar Moon (through Try on Sustainability, LLC) cooperates with the non-profit sustainability education and demonstration center Tryon Life Community Farm to provide tangible experiences of many aspects of life lived in conscious relation with the natural world. Rooted in the insights of permaculture applied to organizational form as well as physical design, Cedar Moon has evolved rapidly since its formation in 2004 into a relatively stable, experienced, and inspiring ecosystem of committed and engaged participants.
We currently have three income-producing businesses, although others are in the offing.
- Community internships. An experiential immersion program in community living, including meetings, work group organization, relationship building, group process, sustainability skills, and more. Interns live and work with the community for pre-determined periods ranging from days to months. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Facilitation, mediation, training, and cooperative consulting. Cedar Moon members have decades of experience creating cooperative life, work, and play together. We share the skills we've grown into together in a variety of ways: by supporting your meetings and relationships directly, and by helping you learn to do it yourselves. Learn more about our services, philosophy, and resource providers.
- Mason bees. Mason Bees are one of the most valuable pollinating insects in the Pacific Northwest. This land has been growing and sharing mason bees on a medium-large scale for the last five yearss. See our price list and info sheet, then order online or contact us to learn more about buying bees and houses specially designed for them.
Finally, if you are interested in becoming a member of Cedar Moon, LLC, please email email@example.com.
For your convenience, here are several of our documents that may be of interest to prospective members.
An introduction to the Pond of potential members:
text or HTML web page.
- Our questionnaire that we invite all potential members to return to us as soon as possible, but at least a week prior to interview. MS Word
- Our Ode of Community Commitments HTML web page or MS Word